Rajmah Masala is a royal delicacy originally enjoyed by the Mughal Emperors. Rajma Masala is prepared by cooking red kidney beans in a rich tomato sauce. It is a North Indian favourite – a regular at home and the number one option on the menu when hosting dinners for guests.
The rajma gravy has a gorgeous red colour, is thick and creamy and goes amazingly well with rice, and also rotis. It is a great combination of health and taste as it’s packed with iron, magnesium and fibre and is an energy booster.
MDH Rajma Masala is the key ingredient in this dish, adding richness, spice and flavour.
Recipe: Rajmah Masala (Red kidney beans Masala)
- Soak 200g Rajma (Red Kidney beans) overnight in 300ml water.
- Boil in 650ml water for 20 minutes.
- Chop 100g red onions and 150g tomatoes.
- In a large pan heat 50ml cooking oil and fry onions till golden. Add tomatoes, salt 7g or to taste and 15g Rajmah Masala.
- Stir to form a paste.
- Transfer boiled beans along with water and stir. Let it simmer for 15-minutes or till the beans are soft and tender.
Black Eye Beans or Lobiya can also be made using the same spice blend.
Ingredients: Coriander, Salt, Dry Mango, Pomegranate Seeds, Chilli, Cumin, Musk Melon, Black Pepper, Black Salt, Fenugreek Leaves, Cloves, Mint, Nutmeg, Dry Ginger, Cinnamon, Bay Leaf, Cardomom Seeds, Caraway, Mace.